Barely days after the ski season in Borovets, while it’s still snowing in the upper parts of the mountain, Borovets Mountain Bike Park will open it’s lifts and mountain bike tracks for business. It’s time to get back on the bikes for some mud, trees, roots, rocks, and a hell of a good time.
The Park will start working on 1st of May and will be open on all weekends and national holidays until the snow melts off the higher altitude trails.
To celebrate the start of the season, and to make up for the upper part of the mountain that’s still buried in snow, during the season opening day we’re inviting all riders to take part in Borovets Bonus Hunters – a fun little game that’s gonna send you out on the trails gathering various bonuses and power-ups, quite like a video game.
The upper parts of the mountain and the sweet trails there are still buried in snow, but we came up with a fun little game to make up for it. It’s called Borovets Bonus Hunters and it’ll send you out on a quest to collect bonus items and power-ups along the tracks, much like a video game.
1. As usual, stay safe.
2. There will be various items to gather on all open tracks. It will be up to you to find them.
3. Photos of each item’s location from a on-track point of view will be posted on the stations of the Sitnyakovo chairlift, in the Adventure Centre in Rila Hotel, and at lift pass sell points.
4. Locating each item will require to stop, get off the bike, and look around. As soon as you stop, pull yourself aside and don’t be a track obstacle.
5. Exact item location on each spot will be marked with signs, small bits of track tape or other unusual markings. Keep your eyes sharp.
6. Have fun. This is NOT a race, so don’t stress. There’s no grand prize, just a few small gifts from us and our partners to celebrate the start of the season.